Home and Contents

Home Contents

What is home and contents insurance?

Home insurance can protect you from financial risk if your home is damaged or destroyed and can also cover your home’s contents if they are damaged, lost or stolen. You can take out cover for specific listed events only or for wider accidental damage cover, depending on your needs.

Who should consider it?

If your home and its contents were damaged or destroyed in a natural disaster or accident, or all your valuables were stolen, could you afford to replace them?

If not, Steadfast home insurance can help.

Home & contents insurance can even protect you against legal liability if someone is injured or killed on your property.

Residential property worth up to $63 billion is at risk (from climate change) – and we believe this is likely to be an underestimate.

Did you know?

Approximately 9% of homeowners don’t have buildings or contents insurance.
(Dr Richard Tooth, ‘Australian Household Insurance-Understanding and Affordability’ – February 2012)
The estimated property loss from 140,000 claims across five catastrophic events in 2015.
(Insurance Council of Australia, 2016)
Approximately 1 in 30 homes are burgled in Australia each year.
(Australian Institute of Criminology, 2013)

Click download for a copy of the product details for more information.